Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The optimization of search engines is a constant fight for the highest possible ranking. It is the prerequisite for being found and for attracting customers online.
Search engine optimization comprises the following best practices:
- Make use of common analysis tools (Google Analytics, Piwik).
- Keyword examination: It answers the question to "who is looking for what and where?" and provides a good starting point for one's keywords' design.
- Analysis and optimization of the HTML source code: If it is standard-compliant, the site has better chances to be ranked higher.
- Internal link analysis: Links within your page must be meaningful, contextually correct and "speaking". This includes also the sitemap.
- Adjusting the page to the search engine standards: Certain information can be embedded in HTML and enables search engines to index content more effectively.
- Building "backlinks": If another site links to your site, it "recommends your website", and both you and the other are ranked better if you put a "backlink" to your recommender on your website.
- Evaluation of the visitors' behaviour: Which parts of the website are particularly frequented and which are not - and why?
- "Landing pages" for subsets of your portfolio may catch users and guide them to your company page.